Thanks for your interest in Move To Amend. The avalanche of money pouring into politics is drowning our democracy. We need to put an end to the notion that money is speech and corporations are people. We cannot allow a handful of billionaires and mega-millionaires to buy our elected officials. Congress’s approval rating is at record lows because people can see the corrosive influence of campaign cash. We can keep voting the bums out or we can fix the system.
The only sure way to correct this situation is to amend the Constitution, which has been done 27 times before. Corporations have corrupted the framers’ intent that the Congress be dependent on the people.
Move To Amend is a non-partisan grassroots movement and we need your help!
- Please be sure to sign the MoveToAmend petition.
- Check out our South Central Wisconsin MTA (SCWMTA) website.
- Join us on our local Facebook page.
- Learn more about this national movement.
- Please come to our meetings.
- Host a Roadshow and get started in your area.
- Talk to your friends and spread the word!
- Ask some questions or volunteer your time! Reply to this email and we’ll be in touch.
Madison, Dane County, Eau Claire County, Dunn County, West Allis and Westport have already passed resolutions calling for a constitutional amendment. Nearly 500 towns, cities and other organizations across the U.S. have done the same, including eleven state legislatures. Once enough states press Congress on this, they will be forced to act.
Let’s work together to make Wisconsin the next state to call for an amendment!
We look forward to seeing you again,
Sierra Pope & Senay Goitom