Wasn’t that fun? The relentless stream of attack ads and robocalls were brought to you by the Citizens United court case. Much of the $6 billion dollars spent on this election cycle came from billionaires and mega-millionaires with their own personal agendas. Many of our representatives promote their donor’s agendas, even when it’s not in the best interest of the American people. Our government is for sale to the highest bidder.
It’s no wonder 87% of Americans view reducing government corruption as a top priority for 2013, second behind only job creation, according to a Gallup poll released this past summer.
Move To Amend is a non-partisan grassroots movement fighting the corrosive effects of money in politics. For the last 120+ years, corporations have used their influence to establish the doctrine that money is speech and corporations are people. Move to Amend is working to eliminate that doctrine. This is a huge effort and we need your help.
- Please be sure to sign the MoveToAmend petition.
- Check out our South Central Wisconsin MTA (SCWMTA) website.
- Please come to our meeting this Tuesday, Nov. 13th, 6:30-8:00pm at the Sequoya Library, 4340 Tokay Blvd, Madison.
- Join us on our local Facebook page.
- Learn more about this national movement.
- Talk to your friends and spread the word!
- Ask some questions or volunteer your time! Reply to this email and we’ll be in touch.
Just last Tuesday, residents in over 150 towns, cities and other organizations across the U.S. voted on measures calling for a constitutional amendment, and it passed in every single vote. Add that to the 100s of cities and towns that have already passed such resolutions, including Madison, Dane County, Eau Claire County, Dunn County, West Allis and Westport. Once enough states press Congress on this, they will be forced to act.
Let’s work together to make Wisconsin the next state to call for an amendment!