Thank you so much for your interest in Move To Amend. The avalanche of money pouring into politics is drowning our democracy. We cannot allow a handful of billionaires and mega-millionaires to buy our elected officials. If we want our representatives to represent us, they must get their campaign money from us, their constituents. Congress’s approval rating is at record lows because people can see the corrosive influence of campaign cash. We can keep voting the bums out or we can fix the system.
The only sure way to correct this situation is to amend the Constitution, which has been done 27 times before. Corporations have corrupted the framers’ intent that the Congress be dependent on the people.
Move To Amend is a non-partisan grassroots movement and we need your help!
- Please be sure to sign the MoveToAmend petition.
- Check out our South Central Wisconsin MTA (SCWMTA) website.
- Join us on our local Facebook page.
- Learn more about this national movement.
- Talk to your friends and spread the word!
- Volunteer your time! Reply to this email and we’ll be in touch.
- Donate to SCWMTA.
- Update: Attend the Jefferson County organizational meeting this Wednesday!
Madison, Dane County, West Allis and Westport have already passed resolutions calling for a constitutional amendment. Over 250 towns, cities and other organizations across the U.S. have done the same, including five state legislatures. Once enough states press Congress on this, they will be forced to act.
Let’s work together to make Wisconsin the next state to call for an amendment!